Saturday 14 January 2012

Bream bashing at Baden hall

I had a great year getting back into fishing, after a lay off of about 10 years. This year I intend to do a lot  more.
This weekend however im not going to get chance to get down on the bank, so I thought I would recount one of last years stand out sessions

This was a 4.6lb Bream from Baden halls Middle pool on the 11th of December, A really harsh day as the lake was half frozen, In fact on my first cast my method feeder smashed a small hole in the ice!  We had to really work hard for the bites as it struggled to get above freezing all day.

We tried method feeder to hair rigged corn or pellet, cage feeder to worm,float fished maggot and caster nothing was working and it was taking quite some fortitude to stick it out.
But in the end a small maggot feeder to 2 bronze on a size 18 saw a lot of bream on the bank. Between the two of us (my regular fishing partner Toby) in the last couple of hours about 30 bream between a 1lb - 4lb found the way into our landing nets. My towel was so slimy it went directly into the bin!
                      Just goes to show what a bit of perseverance and a lot of feed can do.

I will definitely be going back to Baden Hall in the summer for a 24h session on their Specimen Carp lake New Quarry Pool. I really like the look of the fishing huts




1 comment:

  1. Thats a good amount of Bream for both of you, I can tell the water is cold just by looking at your hands, Hope you can do as well this year,
    All the best to both of you,
    ,,,Paddy,,,

    ReplyDelete